Saturday, August 26, 2023

Brie: Love Queer Quest Poem

 My love

My light

My star.

Would it be co-dependent to also say,

My soul

?


You are my world.

My better half. 

My 100/100 person. 


You're the home I return to each day

And the sunshine I wake up to each morning. 


From Colorado to Europe to Arizon

and back again, 

here we are waiting for the next adventure.


Here we are

Our dream coming true

A dog, chickens, a garden, and a poly family. 


We are two fire signs

Snippy, snappy like turtles

Snarky and sarcastic

I promise to bring humor into those moments. 


The boat gets rocky sometimes,

but I need you at the captain's seat with me

sailing through the vast and yet unknown 

ocean of life. 


Life is hard. 

Really hard. 

Especially as two trans queer people. 

I wouldn't have it any other way. 


Allow me, 

if you please, 

to support you until the day I die. 


Two adults.

Independent

Sassy

Fiery

Free-willed

Walking hand-in-hand

Until we reach the other side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment