Monday, July 31, 2023

I am

 From Queer Quest 2023, Day 4

Intention Poem


I was BIG

I was LOUD

I was angry

I was sad

I was innocent

I was ME. 

But who am I?


I am Baby Sam. 

curious

scared

observant

quiet.


I am Daddy Sam. 

big

protective

nurturing

controlling

safe

structured. 


I am a dog. 

eager

excited

social

loving.


I am a horse. 

wild

independent

big

energetic.


No, but really. Who AM I?

I am fertile, abundant, giving, helper. 

I am writer, artist, creator, visionary. 

I am listener, holder, caring, nurturer. 

I am friend, lover, companion, partner, student, teacher. 


No, but really. Who am I?

I am Samuel,

son of James, 

nephew of Judy, 

student of Cindy, 

husband of Brianna, 

daughter of Marnie, 

brother of Ruth, 

grandson of Jack and Harriet. 


No, but really. Who am I?

I am soul. 

I am ego. 

I am lost. 

I am found. 


My soul is jumping for joy, 

dancing for love, 

playing for you, 

running for life, 

bursting at the seams,

bursting for life, 

bursting for a vision of a better world. 


My ego is here too. 

Eager to please,

begging for acceptance,

starving for approval, 

thirsty for validation. 


I am strong and weak. 

Man and woman. 

Tired and energetic. 

Calm and anxious. 

Alive and dead. 


I have seen the darkness?

What does the world need?

Love. 

Connection. 

Compassion.

Empathy. 

A splash in the lake?

A cannonball. 

I am big. I am expansive. 

I cannot be contained. 

2 comments: