From Queer Quest, 2023, Day 4
Intention Poem, continued
I have stood face to face
with the devil
with bullies.
"Goggles!" they screamed.
"That undershirt!" they teased.
Or worse.
Silence.
Erasure.
Being forgotten.
Being left behind.
Being lost.
Chaos.
"You don't belong here," they say.
You're right. Maybe I don't belong here.
So I'm going to create a place where I do belong.
A world where I do.
So I can be both wild and free.
I am a person with gifts
that manifest the glory of God.
I am a lover.
I am a friend.
I am a liberator.
I am here to help others find liberation from normative society.
I am afraid.
What am I afraid of?
Fatness.
Laziness.
Forgetfulness.
Chaos.
Disorganization.
Maybe because those things manifest the freedom and pleasure that I desire for myself.
I am longing for freedom.
There is a part of me that is longing
to come to the surface.
Crazy.
Eccentric.
Curious.
Playful.
Silly.
Funny.
I am expansive.
Fluid.
Random.
I am a child and an adult at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment