Xiahe is also a Tibetan autonomous region, not far from Langmu Monastery in Gansu. It means "Summer Lake" and it was there that we rode horses, sang and danced with some Tibetans, celebrated my friend Jess's birthday, froze to death, and toured a few temples. It was gorgeous! Check out some of the scenery in my pictures! The first picture here is of me and my friend Fangfang, Pingping's old classmate who came with us on the trip.
We returned to Lanzhou on the evening of Friday, June 11th, and just as the opening ceremony for the World Cup started, our plane took off and arrived in Nanjing at midnight. That night I pulled an all-nighter finishing up my thesis. On Sunday night, I watched the World Cup with my friends and we stayed up late talking and saying goodbye. On the morning Monday, June 13th, Vince and I said our final goodbye to our friends, and with me crying in the cab ride all the way to the train station, Vince and I took a train to Shanghai, where I would meet my parents at the airport.
No comments:
Post a Comment