Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Family Comes to China Part 1: Huangshan 黄山

Actually my adventure with my family started in Shanghai. My parents, aunt and uncle arrived in the Shanghai Pudong International airport on Monday, June 14 around 3:00 pm. That night we went out to dinner with my friends Nathan and Vince, and the next day we went to the World Expo. On the third day, we went to a park in the morning where my parents went to town doing tai chi with the locals and I took Vince to the airport that afternoon to say goodbye. On Thursday, June 17th, my sister Ruth arrived from Spain and we immediately left on the train for Huangshan ("Yellow Mountain"). I don't have any pictures from Shanghai except for pictures of Eric, Vince and I watching the World Cup, so I'm just going to start with Huangshan pictures.

After taking a 13-hour overnight train to Huangshan, we arrived around 9:00 am on Friday. We put our excess luggage in a hotel and took a 1-hour long bus ride to the base of the mountain. My Mom took the luggage up with her in the cable car, and my Dad, sister, aunt, uncle and I started the 2-hour climb up to the top of the mountain. The first picture, with my sister and my Dad, is during the hike, and the picture with my aunt and sister is at the top of the mountain.

p.s. I added some cute pictures to the Lanzhou post, a previous post from the Gansu trip. Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment