Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Utahns










A couple of important terms that I learned this week:
Utahns- people from Utah. Like Pennsylvanians except not as awesome.
LDS- Latter Day Saints aka Mormons
Garments- Mormon underwear, worn 24/7 and it goes up to the elbows and down to the knees.
Babies- if you're a woman, you should make lots of these
RMT- Rocky Mountain Time

My trip was awesome with the family, we went camping, hiking and played lots of cards. My favorite night was Monday night, when I made spaghetti with the special sauce that Liz taught me how to make last year, we roasted S'Mores over the grill and played Cranium.

I'm leaving for Nanjing today! I have butterflies in my stomach. I'll be leaving in just a couple minutes! I'll make two connections—in San Francisco and Hong Kong—and the entire flight will take 29 hours. The entire trip will actually take more like 35 hours from "door to door." I'll arrive in Nanjing around 1:00 pm local time on Friday, August 28th. Needless to say, I'll be out of touch for a couple of days as we get settled in.
The 4 members of the Tynen family- I'm going to miss you!

1 comment: