I'm almost finished packing up my apartment in preparation for moving day tomorrow. I think this is the best and the worst part of college—living as a nomadic student for 4+ years.
When you move away from home your freshmen year, you think that will be the last time you have to undertake the drive to college with boxes on your lap and under your feet. Little did you know, 8 months later you’ll undertake a similarly hellish journey as you move back home or to an apartment for the summer. Then it starts all over again at the end of the summer. The worst part is throwing away most of your stuff because it won’t fit in the car.
I forgot my phone in my office today and I am kicking myself so hard because one of my best friends from home, Megan, is returning to college tomorrow and I was supposed to call her tonight. I also found out today that most of my friends have already left for college so I won't get to see them in Pittsburgh. However, Grace said that we were definitely going to see each other and I can't wait-- I'm so excited to see her again. I'm sad, though, that I didn't get to spend more time with my friends from home this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment