Thursday, December 15, 2022

Pictures for Our Funeral Slideshow

 Hello.

I’m not looking for a friend. 

I’m looking for a partner. 


You were there for me when I needed you the most. 

You never left my side. 


How are you? 

You don’t have to say “good.”

I want all of you. 

I want every piece of you,

The good, the bad and the ugly. 

Show me everything, put it on my altar, 

I put you on my altar. 

You are mine to behold and to worship. 


Iconoclast 

She cannot be contained 

I’m in love with them 

All of them 

Brianna is strong 

Heart 

Mind 

Body 

She masters the mountain

Conquers the kitchen 

Strums the guitar 

They are the handy queer 

She manipulates electrons

At work

And in my heart


Tall 

Fiery 

True

Fun

Nobody ever said that marriage was easy

100/100

It’s not easy. 

You were there for me when I needed you the most. 


What’s up?

You seem sad. 

You don’t want me to say “what’s wrong?”

Because there’s nothing wrong with being sad. 


We have had our ups and downs. 

Nobody ever said it would be easy. 

But we are enjoying the ride anyway. 

This ride isn’t going to stop. 


Hi. 

It’s me. 

She, he, they. 

We are both a blend of genders and identities. 

We don’t fit into your box. 

I never liked labels anyway. 


God made us this way. 

He is proud that we are made in their image. 

God doesn’t fit into a gender and neither do we. 

Nobody ever said it would be easy. 

You were there for me when I needed you the most. 


We are out here in the world. 

Some people love us,

Some people hate us. 

There is a lot of fear. 

There is a lot of scarcity. 

We turn toward love and abundance. 


She is a beauty

Inside and out

Funny and smart

Guitar 

Skiing

Climbing

Jiujitsu


I see her


Singing

Dancing 

Playing

All the days of my life. 


Nobody ever said that marriage was easy. 

Bring it on. 

Let’s grow old together. 

Collecting pictures for our funeral slideshow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment