Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hello from Casablanca!

My friends and I arrived in Casablanca, Morocco a couple days ago and it has certainly been an adventure. My friends who studied abroad last semester at the American University of Paris have a friend who lives in Casablanca. The highlight of our trip so far here was when his grandparents invited us over to his house for lunch... twice. We also had a fantastic time walking along the beach and touring the magnificient Hassan II mosque. The evidence of French colonization is incredible and fascinating- the presence of the French language and French cafes being two of the most obvious for me. The keyboard here at our hostel is different because it is for typing Arabic as well as French so I have to type very slowly as I hunt and peck so I cant type a lot because I am short on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment